I was craving for crackers and found a brilliant recipe at Andrew's blog Migrantchef.com. The good thing: it is incredibly heavenly crunchy. The other good thing: it tastes great and oh! No crazy ingredients, it's all natural.
I substituted some of the ingredients e.g. bran & almond flour with oatmeal flour (oatmeal grinded with food processor) And I added some anis seeds for fun.
For 1 baking sheet I used:
75 gr oats
50 gr pumkin seeds
75 gr walnuts, chopped
36 gr sunflower seeds
36 gr sesame seeds
50 gr oatmeal flour
1,5 cup warm water
(Check here for the steps in pictures)
Preheat the oven on 150/160 Degrees Celsius.
1. Mix the ingredients incl. water and let it sit for 15 minutes.
2. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, spread out the mixture thinly and evenly. (I used a fork for this)
3. Put it in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. Take out the baking sheet and cut the mixture in pieces. Bake for another 15 minutes. And another 15 minutes (in case you use 2 oven trays switch position)
5. Take the baking sheet out of the oven, put an oven rack on top of the crackers and turn everything upside down. Remove the parchment paper and place the rack in the oven for 15 minutes with the heat turned off.
Let it cool in the oven with the door slightly open.
Knäckebröd or knekkebrød…? When it says: "C-R-A-C-K!", you know it's the right one!